At just over 10 acres, this big desert property makes an ideal place for an off-the-grid venture. The land features level terrain, light vegetation, mountain views, and a ton of potential. Create a recreational getaway to enjoy the wide-open space. Or take advantage of the area’s nutrient-rich soil and abundant, year-round sunshine to establish a homesteading escape. The remote location makes it a great place to utilize green resources, including solar or wind power, rainwater harvesting, zero-waste living, and more.
Please note: Currently there is no direct road access to the property
This area of the state is actually well-known for its thriving agricultural industry. More than 175 types of crops and seeds can be grown in Yuma County, the largest of these crops being lettuce. Other notable crops include lemons, melons, cotton, alfalfa, grains, cotton, dates, and wheat.
The property sits just outside the small community of Mohawk, AZ, and not far from Dateland and the Dateland Travel Center, which is considered a local landmark in the middle of desert. Located along I-8 about halfway between the Greater Phoenix area and San Diego, Dateland is a favorite road-trip stop, known for its small store, gas station, friendly faces, and of course, world-famous date shakes. Or if you need some necessities for your desert adventures, the City of Yuma is about an hour away and you can find shopping, dining, supplies, and more.
Local Towns & Attractions include:
- The Community of Mohawk – about 25 minutes
- The Community of Dateland – about 30 minutes
- Dateland Travel Center – about 30 minutes
- Telegraph Pass – about 50 minutes
- The Town of Gila Bend – about an hour
- The City of Yuma – just over an hour
- Castle Dome Peak – less than 2 hours
- Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument – about 2 hours
- Kofa National Wildlife Refuge – a little more than 2 hours
- The Town of Quartzsite – just over 2 hours
- Greater Phoenix Area – about 2.5 hours
Check out the property details below. If you have any questions or are ready to own this great little piece of Arizona soil, you can contact us anytime for more information.
- Down Payment: $1000
- Monthly Payment: varied based on term
- Term Length: varies
- County: Yuma
- Size: 10.212 Acres
- Short Legal: Section: 31; Township: 06S; Range: 14W SW4 NE4 NE4
- Zoning: Rural Area-40 Acre Min.
- RV’s Allowed: Yes, RV’s and Manufactured Homes allowed
- HOA: none
- Terrain: desert
- Elevation: 376 ft.
- Road Access: no road access
- Electricity: off grid
- Sewer: septic needed
- Water: carried
- Current Annual Taxes: $71.48 in 2022
- Latitude: 32.8662664
- Longitude: -113.7338034
Owner will carry
One member of the selling LLC is a licensed real estate agent in the state of Arizona