At just over 78 acres, this big desert property holds tons of potential for a thriving agricultural endeavour. This area of the state has a number of features ideal for growing including abundant, year-round sunshine; an average of about 4 inches of rain a year; and nutrient rich soil. More than 175 types of crops and seeds can be grown in Yuma County, the largest of these crops being lettuce. Other notable crops include lemons, melons, cotton, alfalfa, grains, cotton, dates, and wheat.
This particular property sits close to the Gila River bed. It features level terrain, light vegetation, and access via a somewhat bumpy farm/Jeep road. The I-8 freeway, which serves as a major thoroughfare from Phoenix to San Diego, is about 25 minutes from the property.
The property is about 25 minutes from the quaint town of Dateland, AZ. The Dateland Travel Center is considered a local gem in the middle of desert between Yuma and Gila Bend, known for its small store, gas station, friendly faces, and of course, world-famous date shakes. Or if you need some necessities for your desert adventures, the city of Yuma is about an hour and a half away and you can find shopping, dining, supplies, and more.
Local towns & attractions include:
- The Community of Dateland – about 25 minutes
- Dateland Travel Center – about 25 minutes
- The Town of Wellton – less than an hour
- Coyote Wash Golf Course – less than an hour
- Painted Rock Petroglyph Site – about an hour
- The Town of Gila Bend – about an hour
- The City of Yuma – less than 1.5 hours
- Ajo Country Club Golf Course – about 1.5 hours
- The Community of Ajo – less than 2 hours
- Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument – about 2 hours
- Greater Phoenix Area – about 2 hours
- Kofa National Wildlife Refuge – about 2 hours
- Castle Dome Peak – about 2 hours
- Castle Dome Mines Museum & Ghost Town – about 2 hours
Directions from Dateland:
- Head north on Ave 64 E: 53 s (0.2 mi)
- Continue onto Ave 64E: 10 min (8.9 mi)
- Left on Dateland Ranch Rd/Palomas Rd (1.59 mi)
- Right turn (unnamed road) (210 feet)
- Immediate left (unnamed road) (3,375.91 ft)
- Right turn (unnamed road) (2 miles)
- Left turn (unnamed road) (1,223 feet)
- Right turn onto jeep/farm road (2,709.87 feet)
- Right turn (3,782.95 ft) to your destination on the right side.
Check out the property details below. And when you’re ready to own this great little piece of Arizona soil, contact us anytime at 480-442-7787 or email@example.com for more information.
- Down Payment: $20,000
- Monthly Payment: varied based on term
- Term Length: varies
- County: Yuma
- Size: 78.787 Acres
- Short Legal: Section: 35; Township: 05S; Range: 13W N2 SE4 (less canal R/W)
- Zoning: Agricultural Rural Preservation
- Terrain: desert
- Elevation: 511 ft.
- Road Access: jeep/farm road
- Electricity: none
- Sewer: septic needed
- Water: carried/no well on site
- Current Annual Taxes: $237.16 in 2021
- Latitude: 32.94819832
- Longitude: -113.5666435
Owner will carry
One member of the selling LLC is a licensed real estate agent in the state of Arizona