If you’ve ever thought about owning a gorgeous piece of land in Colorado, now’s your chance. This beautiful 1.8 acre property would be truly ideal for a mountain home or cabin, a recreational getaway, or to hold as a real estate investment. The wooded homesite features good dirt-road access, a few other homes in the area, and breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains.
Located in the highly sought after community of Forbes Park near the Fort Garland area, the land offers an amazing opportunity to create something special. Forbes Park is a 13,000-acre community nestled in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in Costilla County. About 8000 acres are owned land, leaving the other 5000 or so acres pristine wilderness where nature lovers can go hiking, camping, and fishing in the manmade lakes. The HOA expertly maintains the gated community by keeping up the roads, common areas, and the Forbes Park Clubhouse. Learn more about Forbes Park here
This area, like most of Colorado, offers an abundance of places for outdoor adventure including hiking, fishing, camping, mountain biking, rock climbing, and more. Hunters can find elk, bighorn sheep, and deer to name a few. The heavily wooded areas surrounding Forbes Park are made up of ranches, parks, and forest land. Basically, if you love the Great Outdoors, you’ll be smitten by the land in Forbes Park.
And when you’re ready to head into town for shopping, dining, supplies, or just to see some friendly faces, you can reach some of quaint Colorado towns in under an hour.
*Please note, at the time of posting, this area of Colorado was recovering from a wildfire. Rehab and new growth are progressing. Please let us know if you have questions or would like more information on the current status.
Nearby towns & attractions include:
- Forbes Park Lake – about 15 minutes
- The Town of Fort Garland – less than 30 minutes
- Trinchera Ranches – about 30 minutes
- The Town of San Luis – about 40 minutes
- The City of Alamosa – less than an hour
- Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve – less than an hour
- The City of Colorado Springs – about 2 hours
- The City of Sante Fe, New Mexico – about 3 hours
- The City of Denver – about 3.5 hours
Take a look at the property details below. If you have questions or want more information, contact us anytime at 480-442-7787 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you!
- Down Payment: $3000
- Monthly Payment: varied based on term
- Term Length: varies
- County: Costilla
- Size: 1.84 Acres
- Short Legal: Lot 1355, Block 67, Forbes Park
- HOA: Yes, Forbes Park Land Owners Association
- HOA Fees: $275/year
- Zoning: Residential
- Terrain: sub-Alpine/semi-arid/varied
- Elevation: 9330 ft.
- Road Access: yes
- Electricity: none
- Sewer: needs septic
- Water: carried/needs well
- Current Annual Taxes: $164.40 in 2020
- Latitude: 37.487272
- Longitude: -105.203801
Owner will carry
One member of the selling LLC is a licensed real estate agent in the state of Arizona